2016 | What Is SEO?
What Is SEO?
All business owners and marketing professionals operating a business, blog, or website have probably heard of the the term “SEO”. Some recognize it’s importance or may have even been advised that their website should be implementing a monthly SEO program in their marketing strategy – however what is SEO and what does SEO mean in 2016?
SEO Terms You Need to Know
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization
- SERP: Search Engine Rankings Page
- Organic: Unpaid placement in the SERPs, also called ‘earned’ or ‘natural’
- KPI: Key Performance Indicator
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing the content and structure of a web page, website or digital property to improve its organic rankings on SERPs. Effective search engine optimization is accomplished through the use of multiple elements working in unison:
What Is The Purpose Of SEO?
The purpose of SEO is to increase the quantity and quality of inbound traffic to your website. It is beneficial to both the consumer and business because it connects searchers with content that is most relevant to them. This means that consumers get the information they are looking for, while the business gets direct exposure to their desired target audience because they are providing useful information that helps the searcher make an informed decision during their consumer engagement cycle.
Why Does My Business Need SEO?
- Organic search is more visible, more engaging and results in more traffic
- Organic search is the leading generator of traffic to websites, driving 51% of all traffic.
- Purchase decisions begin with search engines: The Digital Influence Index uncovered that 89% of consumers use search engines to inform purchase decisions. Whether purchasing online or off, the initial research begins with search engines.
- SEO results in more conversions: SEO generates more inbound leads and produces up to eight times more conversions than other marketing and sales avenues.
- SEO is the lifeblood of online engagement for a reason. It yields better results in a more cost-effective fashion when it comes to customer acquisition than traditional approaches.
What Happens When A Business Implements An SEO Program?
SEO yields tangible, measurable KPIs. Clearly defined business objectives pave the way for KPI results that are quantifiable and qualifiable – so the benefits of specific SEO practices can be seen and adjusted appropriately.
Does My Website Need Professional SEO?
All websites stand to benefit from SEO. There are many approaches a business can take to improve their discoverability online, however a well planned digital SEO strategy will produce the best results. To learn about how you can increase traffic to your site and improve the overall health and performance of your website’s rank contact us.