The Importance Of Integrating Electronic Commerce With Your Website
Using e-commerce reaches more customers at lower costs
The unstable economy has affected numerous people in recent years. Despite this, retailers have not stopped encouraging us to buy, buy, buy!!! And, online, they are doing so successfully.
A key element of making a sale is making it as easy as possible for consumers to make a purchase. This is why many retailers are moving to an e-commerce platform that allows consumers to buy online. Consumers can purchase from the comfort of their own home – or even their mobile device. It would be hard to find a credible North American retailer in 2017 that lacks an e-commerce solution and we are increasingly seeing more small and medium sized retailers incorporating e-commerce into their sites – and if they aren’t, they should be! E-commerce is an effective way to increase sales and reach customers you otherwise simply don’t have access to.
It would be hard to find a credible North American retailer in 2017 that lacks an e-commerce solution and we are increasingly seeing more small and medium sized retailers incorporating e-commerce into their sites – and if they aren’t, they should be! E-commerce is an effective way to increase sales and reach customers you otherwise simply don’t have access to.
It is becoming harder to find credible North American retailers in 2017 that lack an e-commerce solution. We are seeing more small and medium sized retailers incorporating e-commerce into their sites. And those that aren’t, should be! E-commerce is an effective way to increase sales and reach customers you otherwise simply don’t have access to.
The Perks of selling your products online:
- Ability to be open 24/7/365. The beauty of online shopping is that it can be done any day of the year, at any time, and any location. Online stores are never closed!
- Accessibility. When you sell products online, you decide where you want to ship whether it’s local, national, international or worldwide. E-commerce can help you overcome geographical boundaries and reach your clients in Toronto as easily as those in Japan.
- Convenience: One of the best features of online shopping is that consumers are able to do it from anywhere. Online shopping is no longer restricted to the home or office. Customers use mobile devices to buy items on the go. Whether at a local coffee shop or in the waiting area of a car dealership, you can shop from almost anywhere, anytime.
- Cost Savings. For some retailers, an online store eliminates the need for a brick and mortar store altogether. That means savings on construction, rent, display units and many other items. Pass these cost savings on to the customer to make prices more competitive or add them to your bottom line.
- Quick and Easy. In today’s fast-moving society, we all want things done by the click of a mouse. Any product on an e-commerce website can be bought at the click of a button. It doesn’t get simpler than that. Furthermore, online shopping eliminates long lines which leave customers with negative feelings towards the purchasing experience.
- Online Advertising. The Internet is a valuable source for advertising retail products. Some companies do not realize the power of organic search, pay-per-click advertising, and social media platforms. These are, in a way, branches off the main tree – the website. These are other channels through which a company’s products can be advertised. You can tie online advertising efforts to e-commerce solutions.
- Product Information. E-commerce websites can also provide a wealth of information that physical stores cannot. Websites are a great way to provide the same information to every customer that is inquiring about a product.
- Upsell. On an e-commerce website you will have the ability to encourage customers to buy more items. One way of doing this is when they click to view an item you can show them items that others shoppers also viewed. This entices them to look at things they may not have otherwise seen. Another good e-commerce upsell technique happens at the checkout. Before the final purchase, show the consumer other items purchased by people who bought the same item. Giving that “wallet-out” customer a second chance to buy something he/she might have missed.
A/B testing also plays a crucial role in optimizing electronic commerce websites. By testing two different versions of an e-commerce platform, companies can determine which products, wording, colour scheme, etc. lead to more traffic and sales. A/B testing measures the impact of changes to your website to make your site more profitable and efficient.